Rodotium® 45% (Tiamulin) Water-soluble granules 10g.
Tiamulin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic of the diterpene group active against Gram-positive (Staphylococci, Streptococci, clostridia, Corynebacterium, Erysipelothrix, Listeria) and Gram-negative (Pasteurella, Klebsiella, Haemophilus, Fusobacterium, Campylobacter, Bacteroides) microorganisms. Of particular significance is its activity against Mycoplasmas (Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae, M. hyorhinis, M. hyosynoviae, M. gallisepticum, M. meleagridis) and spirochetes (Brachyspira hyodysenteriae, Brachyspira innocens, Brachyspira pilosicoli), etc.
For prevention and treatment of Dysentery, Colonic Spirochetosis, Spirochetal Enterocolitis, Enzootic Bronchopneumonia and Mycoplasmal Arthritis in pigs; for prevention and treatment of chronic respiratory disease in chickens and turkeys.
Tiamulin is incompatible with ionophore antibiotics hence animals must not receive products containing monensin, salinomycin, maduramicin or narasin during or for at least seven days before or after treatment with Rodotium 45% water-soluble granules.
MODE OF ADMINISTRATION
Orally, with the drinking water.
Dissolve the prescribed quantity of the product in a small portion of water (for instance 50 g in 2 l), and further dilute the obtained concentrate with drinking water until the desired concentration has been reached. Daily prepare a fresh solution.
Pigs, chickens, turkeys.
For prevention and treatment of Dysentery and other Spirochetal Enterocolitis:
• 100 g/ 1000 l drinking water (45 ppm with respect to tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) for 3-5 days. In severer infections the treatment may be repeated at a dose of 100 g/ 750 l water (60 ppm).
For individual treatment:
• 1 g of the preparation per 50 kg b.w. dissolved in 1 l of drinking water.
For treatment of Enzootic Bronchopneumonia and Mycoplasmal Arthritis:
• 100 g of Rodotium/Vetmulin® 45% wsg in 750 l water (60 ppm) for 3-5 days.
Chickens and turkeys
For prevention of chronic respiratory disease (CRD):
• 100 g of Rodotium/Vetmulin® 45% wsg in 360 l water (125 ppm) for 3-5 days;
For treatment of CRD:
• 100 g of Rodotium/Vetmulin® 45% wsg in 180 l water (250 ppm) for 3-5 days. During the treatment only medicated water must be given.
For prevention of CRD in newly-hatched chickens and turkey-poults:
• 100 g of Rodotium/Vetmulin® 45% wsg in 360 l water in compliance with the following scheme:
– Days 1 to 3 after hatching 10 g of the product per 1000 chickens per day.
– Days 28-32 after hatching 65 g of the product per 1000 chickens per day.
On rare occasions, erythema may occur in pigs, which passes away without therapeutic treatment.
Pigs – 1 day after the last administration of the preparation.
Chickens – 7 days after the last administration of the preparation.
In the original container, well closed, in dry facilities, protected from direct sunlight.
Do not refrigerate or freeze! Protect from frost!
Sachets of 10 g.
* If you’re from the United Kingdom, consult your vet, as there is a generic for sale in the UK – Denagard / Tiamulin.